Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy Birthday You Say Tomato: Writing on Cookies

A friend of mine celebrated the one year anniversary of her at home cooking classes.  I wanted to do something special for her, so of course I made some cookies.


I took their logo and put it on the cookie.  I wanted to make sure that I got the font right, so I went to my friend Google and found a tutorial on how to trace images/letters on cookies.

Through Sweet Sugar Belle, I found this at SweetAmbs.  She said to use tracing paper and foodwriter markers.  I started to get a little frustrated because the ink didn't go through the tracing paper.  Then I decided to try tissue paper and voila...it worked! Sorry for the not great photos...it was dark when I was working on them:(

 

First, I traced the image using an edible ink marker.

                             
Then, placed it on the cookie and traced over it again.


The ink bled right through and left an image on the cookie.


I was able to pipe on the design, so I got it to look exactly how I wanted.

 
She was so surprised when I gave them to her.  I'm glad that I could give a special, one of a kind gift.  

Their cooking classes are really fun.  You can find out more information about the cooking classes at their website You Say Tomato.




1 comment: