Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day: Shamrock Mini Cookies

My mom remembered that she had these mini cookie cutters.  When she showed them to me, I told her that I would store them for her and make sure they were put to use. 
When I saw the shamrock, I knew I had to make some St. Patrick's Day cookies.
shamrock cookies, St. Patrick's Day Cookies
Originally, I was going to make cupcakes and use these as cupcake toppers.  I came down with a cold this weekend and decided to stick with just the cookies. 
shamrock cookies, St. Patrick's Day Cookies
I used green royal icing and then sprinkled light and dark green sanding sugar on them.  It's a pretty easy way to decorate the cookies, but I love the way they look.
shamrock cookies, St. Patrick's Day Cookies
We had my family over for dinner.  My niece and step dad loved them.  I sent a few home with them and the plate was left with crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment