Saturday, March 2, 2013

Snowflake cookies

Most people are starting to think about spring.  We just had our "ski" week and I spent four days in Tahoe, so I'm still thinking about snow. 


Uncle Kevin left for Tahoe on Sunday, but I drove up on Wednesday with my sister.  I spent Sunday on the couch, catching up on The Bachelor and reading cookie blogs.  There are so many ideas and techniques that I want to try after all of my reading.

I decided to start with sanding sugar and made some snowflake cookies.

snowflake cookie, auntie caitlin


I don't have a snowflake cookie cutter, so I used a flower and piped on the snowflake.

snowflake cookie, auntie caitlin

They were pretty big and I wanted to make some smaller cookies too.  I saw these little round "snowballs" at Glorious Treats and thought they'd looked great with my snowflakes.

snowflake cookie, auntie caitlin

I was happy with how they turned out and I definitely see myself using sugar to decorate more often in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment