Monday, April 13, 2015

Oreo Pop Cupcake Toppers

Uncle Kevin's birthday was a few weeks ago.  We were out of town right before his birthday, so I didn't have time to bake anything special on his birthday.  He organized a dinner with friends for the weekend after his birthday, so I decided I would make something for that night.


The problem was, I didn't know what to make.  He's not a huge cake person.  He loves gummies, but I've already done a gummy bear cake.  One night I was reading some blogs and saw this post from Bakerella on Oreo Cookie Pops.   I thought it would be fun to write Happy Birthday on them, but didn't know how I wanted to display them.  Then I realized they would make cute cupcake toppers.  So I made cookies 'n cream cupcakes with Oreo pop toppers.



I used my usual vanilla cupcake recipe, but added an Oreo Cookie to the bottom of the cupcake liner before I filled it with the batter.  For the frosting, I mashed up some Oreos and blended them in right at the end.

They were a hit.  Everyone loved them and the Oreo pops were an added treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment